Haven was formed in 1983 by Chris Casey, a dedicated and passionate champion for all victims/ survivors of abuse.
Since its beginning, our organisation has changed and evolved in order to better meet the needs of our clients.
However, Chris has remained a constant, driving force throughout, which has resulted in some fantastic charity awards.
Over the last 36 years, Chris has changed the lives of thousands of women, men and young people.
These include those who have suffered childhood sexual abuse, rape, serious sexual assault and domestic violence and for whom there has been a lack of support or understanding from the voluntary and statutory sectors.
While plaudits and acclaim are not our priorities at Haven Network we have been fortunate to have received many accolades, including individual charity awards.
As such, we are very proud to have been recognised for the work that we do.
Here is a selection of the accolades bestowed to Chris over the years:
Our Charity Awards…
- In 2017, Chris was honoured with the title of Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE) for Services to Victims of Abuse.
- In 2013, Chris was runner up for a Lifetime Achievement award by the Directory of Social Change.
- Her consideration for the Lifetime Achievement award was due to her pioneering work in supporting the victims of sexual abuse, rape and domestic violence.
- In 2011, Chris was awarded the Londoner’s Peace Award by the then Mayor of London, Boris Johnson.
- The Peace Award is presented to individuals who make an outstanding contribution to their community. (Read about the Chris’ Mayor’s Award in Waltham Forest News)
- In 2010, Chris was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award by Life Changers.
- This award was in acknowledgement of the decades of work Chris had carried out in the fields of sexual abuse, rape and domestic violence in the BMER communities.
We hope to win more charity awards in the future but in the meantime, we’ll concentrate on changing peoples lives.
Alongside this work, Chris is a qualified trainer, an engaging motivational speaker and a qualified foster-carer.