Do you have what it takes to be a voluntary trustee for Haven Network?
If you are a member of the local community who is interested in getting involved in the not-for-profit sector, particularly if you have a background in business, we are keen to hear from you.
Playing a role in the governance and running of the charity, we are always looking for new members to join our board of trustees.
Previous experience in a trustee capacity is not necessary as we believe that everyone brings something new and valuable to the board.
As a voluntary trustee, you will work closely with a passionate team of people.
You will have the chance to support and shape the work that we do, knowing that your contribution will make a significant difference to an incredibly worthwhile cause.
Some of the duties of a voluntary trustee are:
- To attend quarterly meetings.
- To strategically oversee the management and administration of Haven.
- To challenge and encourage the organisation in its endeavours.
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
- To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document – constitution.
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
- To contribute in giving strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against the agreed targets.